Bromley Tenancy Support
View this extract from our latest Newsletter: here
Hestia: What it can offer you
Hestia Bromley Tenancy Support Service is a Floating Support Service that started up in October 2013
(Floating Support means that staff will work with you in your own home and can continue to work with you even if you move.)
It is there to support people to make and to keep their place in the community.
Each service user is seen and treated as an individual so the support they get will be person centred.
(Person Centred: This support service is designed to fit around you and your needs – instead of you fitting the service)
Hestia want people to not feel afraid or ashamed to ask for support when they need it.
Hestia’s main areas of support include:
- Developing budgeting skills and dealing with benefits and debts
- Improving skills and learning new ones
- Looking after accommodation
- Finding out what is out there in the community for the service user
- Managing physical and mental health by speaking with health professionals
- Support with discovering meaningful ways to spend the service users’ time
- Support around setting up and keeping support networks in place
They aim to work with each person to make sure they are treated with dignity and that they hold on to their self-respect.
Hestia work with any age group from 16 up.
People can refer themselves or be referred by other agencies.
This service lasts for one year and it is FREE!
You can find out more here:
Website link: www.hestia.org
Telephone: 01689 897 118