We offer brilliant opportunities
to expand your skills and gain experience by volunteering for X by X
We are a pan-impairment Deaf and disabled person’s organisation (DDPO) and all our staff are disabled people. We particularly welcome volunteers with any impairment and will make reasonable adjustments at all stages of recruitment and volunteering. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments for the recruitment process. We are keen that any volunteers are not left out of pocket and all expenses will be paid. We have a policy for this and will give further details if you are interested in volunteering.
We welcome volunteers who may only be able to offer short periods of time, for whatever reason, and we will work with you to develop a work plan that uses the time you have available for us.
We have several voluntary admin positions opened up working for X by X. Please see below for more information
Role title: Administrator (Voluntary work)
Main purpose of job: To help run Lewis House and provide administrative support
The Administrator volunteer roles include working regularly from Lewis House and providing cover for the services there:
- Answering the phone
- Book appointments for the OTs
- Welcome visitors and customers to Lewis House
- Help to develop plans for a Centre for Independent Living and carry out administrative tasks towards this goal
- Help to run the Centre for Independent Living by assisting service users
- Capture and record numbers of visitors, purchases and other monitoring information.
If desired, undertake training to become a Trusted Assessor to assist service users in selecting adaptive equipment and aids.
– A team player with a flexible and positive approach to the work
– Good phone manner
– Welcoming and professional attitude
– Attention to detail
– Typing skills
– Experience with computers
– Administrative skills
– Customer service skills
– Other skills such as research, writing, project work etc are welcome and the role offers the opportunity for development and expansion into other aspects of Experts by Experience’s work, if desired.
For more information contact Nick at info(at)xbyxbromley(dot)com
To get in touch about any of these opportunities, please use the contact form below or email us at info(at)xbyxbromley(dot)com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to keep up to date with the latest news, research, events and opportunities from Bromley X by X.