X by X Bromley - A Community Interest Company

XbyX Resource Bank – supported by London Catalyst

XbyX Benefits Resource Bank

supported by London Catalyst

Universal Credit Jump to the Universal Credit Page
housing benefit col 4
Universal Credit (UC) Benefit Cap Housing Benefit
WCA - work capability assessment yellow BG DLA or PIP 2 whistle blow 13
Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) Disability Living
Allowance (DLA) /
Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Accessible Home 37 CROP piggy bank council tax benefit 3 copy Right Angle Arrow 2 400
Independent Living and Social Care Council Tax Support

Welcome to the XbyX Bromley resource-bank, bringing together information about the main benefits and support available to Disabled people. The resource-bank provides basic easy to understand information and links for further information and advice.You can read the information online through the links above or download and print out our easy read factsheets.

The resource-bank is aimed at disabled people and our allies to help understand what benefits and support is available, how to access them and what to do in the case of any problems.

The benefits system is complicated and welfare reform has brought in huge changes. It can be difficult for disabled people to keep up with the changes. The process of applying for support and going through assessments can be very stressful. We hope that this resource-bank can relieve the pressure in some way. It is entirely free to use and anyone is free to copy and disseminate the information.

However, we are not trained welfare advisors and all information has been put together by disabled people for disabled people on a peer support basis. We cannot accept any liabilities for inaccurate or out-of-date information and recommend that you the check the gov.uk website or speak to trained welfare advisers if in doubt.

Please also note that XbyX does not provide an inquiry service and cannot answer any individual questions or queries either by telephone or email. We can only signpost to the links contained in this resource bank.

You can search for your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau here:

You can contact the single point of access for support on housing and benefits for London Borough of Bromley residents at:
Telephone: 0300 330 9039
Email: spa@bromleywell.org.uk

If you are having problems either with the benefits system or social care support it is a good idea to contact your MP. MP’s have caseworkers whose job is to help constituents with problems.

You can find your MP here: https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/

If there are any links or information you think should be added please email: info@xbyxbromley.com

Thank you to our funders London Catalyst and to Richard Hemsley for his work putting this together and for his beautiful pictures.
London Catalyst Logo